[yocto] New issue with git fetcher?

Richard Purdie rpurdie at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 19 09:29:18 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 13:55 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I've pushed some more invasive changes to the fetcher in the Poky master
> branch. I'd appreciate the teams help in finding out if these work or
> not, with both existing builds and with totally fresh from scratch
> builds.
>
> If they prove not to have major issues we're likely to merge these into
> the release branch as what is there is going to bite people and look
> rather bad.

There were some issues that Tom and Joshua were seeing which I debugged
and found that we weren't adding in new branches in the fetching code.

I was able to reproduce and then have added a patch to the git fetcher
which ensures these things are cloned correctly and any new branches are
created. I talked with Bruce to confirm my diagnosis and the solution.

This fix makes an awful lot of sense and explains various issues we've
been chasing for a while with the fetcher bugs so I'm very pleased to
have this fix checked in.

Could people continue to test the code and report any problems...

Thanks,

Richard