[yocto] Autobuilder upgrade to Buildbot 0.8.3

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Thu Dec 23 11:45:00 PST 2010

All,

I've now finished the upgrade of the autobuilder repo to include buildbot 0.8.3. I've rewritten the installer and updated a bunch of build helper files. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of the changes regarding installation.

The big change is the upgrade to buildbot 0.8.3. Buildbot now keeps the master and slave code in different tarballs, so I've split up the installer to allow people to install either a master, a slave or both.

I've also added some command line args to help people in configuration of a local BB. To see the long form of usage:

git clone git://git.pokylinux.org/poky-autobuilder
cd poky-autobuilder
./scripts/poky-setup-autobuilder --help

The quickest way to set up the autobuilder for developer use, is to do:

./scripts/poky-setup-autobuilder both
cd ~/poky-master
make start
cd ~/poky-slave
make start
open a browser to http://localhost:8010

If for some reason the bb uses too many cpu cycles, you *should* be able to do:

nice -n 20 make start

I haven't tested this though so YMMV.

This creates a minimal pokyABConfig.py within ~/poky-master. There is a longer more complex pokyABConfig.py within scripts called pokyABConfig.py.example but for most developers, the default should suffice. If you need to turn off some buildsets in pokyABConfig.py, just edit it and comment out the build steps you don't need and issue a

make reconfig

If something went funny (ie you don't see your changes) tail out the twistd.log file for debug info.

I've tested this on opensuse and ubuntu, but would appreciate any feedback, especially for folks doing more complicated installs (multiple slave builders, etc)