[yocto] [poky] Recipe Updating Status and call to action

Yu, Ke ke.yu at intel.com
Thu Dec 16 06:17:28 PST 2010

Thanks Saul for working out this list.

I am a bit surprised on the large number of to-be-upgraded list: 160, because according to our plan, we actually upgrade most of the recipes in M2, and only a small number of recipes are supposed to be left for M3. To find out the reason why, PRC team collect some data to analysis, and here is the result:

Among the 160, PRC team (Dexuan, Dongxiao, Edwin, Ke, Qing) owns 105 recipes. the 105 recipes can be grouped into 3 cases:
Case A: the recipe is not planned to upgrade in M2, mostly due to that it is up-to-update in M2 planning time, and later has new version available.
Case B: the recipe is planned to upgrade in M2, but not upgrade and leave it to M3
Case C: the recipe is planned to upgrade in M2, and it is upgraded in M2, but later has new version available.

According to our data collection, Case A has 31 recipes, Case B has 21 recipes, Case C has 53 recipes. In other word, in M2 time, we leave 21 recipes (Case B) for M3, but due to new version available after the planning, there are extra 84 recipes (case A + case C) added to be upgraded. Even only count Case C, we can see almost 50% ofM3  to-be-upgraded recipes are already upgraded in M2. This is probably one area we can improved in the future.

Regards
Ke