[yocto] Try latest yocto adt script installer

Ke, Liping liping.ke at intel.com
Mon Dec 13 22:40:16 PST 2010

> Why we must run the script under the adt-installer directory? Actually
> tried to run under $HOME or / but specifying the full path to
> yocto_installer, and got the error:
> [ADT_INST] script file util is not  found!

Oh, it's caused by the include grammar. I need to check how to solve the
relative path problem with include grammar in shell script. It should not
be difficult.

> #############################################
> # Meet error when installing Yocto ADT.
> #############################################
>
> 2 comments here:
> 1. we should be able to allow user run the yocto_installer script from
> any
> location and it should be able to locate the needed surporting files or
> scripts
> 2. As a convention and to be consistent, I'd suggest change the above
> error
> message as "[ADT_INST] Error: Script file util is not found!"  There're
> several error messages in the scripts has the Error message format that
> I'm
> talking about here, which you can look up as a reference.

No problem, I will unify all error messages.

> > 3. Build log are located @ adt_installer/yoctoadt_installer.log
> > 4. User config ( install which targets) are defined/changed in
> > Yocto_installer.conf. Note: now only i586 qemu rootfs are available
> > in repository.
> >
> > Any problem, just let me know.
>
> Just by playing with it, I change YOCTOADT_TARGETS="ppc" in
> yocto_installer.conf. And the prompt that I got is as follows:
>
> [ADT_INST] selected archs defined in Host Area Item: YOCTOADT_TARGETS
> is not
> valid!
> Error: Terminate installation process due to errors!
It's expected behavior. Since powerpcc is the correct name.

> 3. It would be nice to point out Host Area resides in which file, and
> also
> tells user what are the valid entries

> 4. It's not consistent when existing the program when running into
> errors,
> see the above and here just "Error: "...
>
> During the Make opkg..., there're bunch of warning messages can we
> redirect
> them to the log file?
> Also, it seems the log file contents is less than what shows on the
> screen
> (STDOUT), which I think should be the reverse case, people should be
> able to
> trace more info in the log file? E.g. during downloading rootfs, all
> the
> info where it download from and saved to where are showed on the screen
> but
> missing in the log file...

Log file problem is solved totally by replacing " >> " with "&>>" pointed by Lianhao.

> Toward the end of the installation, I run into:
>
> [ADT_INST] Re-generate environment script file according to rootfs
> location.
> Ls: cannot access /opt/poky/0.9+snapshot-20101211/environment-setup-
> i586*:
> No such file or directory
> Sed: no input files

Missing guard will be added here.
I will send the updated scripts which will address most of the problem.

Btw: I need someone review the script totally. I am afraid some of the scripts
Might not obey shell's world conventions since this is the first script I wrote.
I have to say I did try several blackbox test yet failed to cover all corner problems.

Updated scripts will soon be published.

Thanks & Regards,
criping