[yocto] Bug Verify

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Mon Dec 13 08:47:30 PST 2010

On 12/13/2010 01:20 AM, Yu, Ke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hate to raise this question, but there is still bunch of bugs that
> is fixed but not verified. According to the process, it is reporter's
> responsibility to verify the bug, so could I ask the reporter's help
> on this? Process is sometime tedious but helpful to quality
> assurance. Thanks a lot for your effort.

I have now verified all my bugs.

However, the process doesn't seem right to me. As the person who fixed
the bug, presumably I performed verification that my fix actually works,
which is why I marked the bug as fixed to begin with.

At every other company I've been with, bug verification is performed by
the QA team - and I think the purpose of it is to ensure someone other
than the developer who fixed the bug can independently verify the bug is
indeed resolved. A second pair of eyes can spot new problems more easily.

JMO,

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Distro Engineer - Yocto Project