[yocto] strange bitbake error

Richard Purdie rpurdie at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 8 02:35:01 PST 2010

Hi Nitin,

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 19:15 -0800, Kamble, Nitin A wrote:
>   I am getting following bitbake error. I also tried passing –D option
> to bitbake, but I did not find anything useful. Also bellow is the
> change which is causing this error.
>
> I don’t see anything oblivious here. As I understand just changing the
> recipe from cvs to git src_uri has caused this issue.

Its probably exactly this change the breaks things. git SRC_URIs have a
dependency on git-native. git-native probably depends on
gnu-config-native indirectly. The end result is a circular dependency.
Bitbake tried to work this out but obviously got lost in the circular
logic.

It did try and warn you with:

"""
> ERROR: Unbuildable tasks were found.
>
> These are usually caused by circular dependencies and any circular
> dependency chains found will be printed below. Increase the debug
> level to see a list of unbuildable tasks.
"""

Cheers,

Richard