[yocto] yocto_installer test script update

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Mon Dec 6 17:34:28 PST 2010

Liping,

I've made lots of modifications:

1. Tide up the prompt imformation format and messaging
2. Correct the logic in validate_config for checking the target selection
3. Correct the problem for qemu image download, now we forcing download
images in a clean directory since wget will change the file ext if the file
already there and which maybe corrupted
4. Eliminate unnecessary checking and prompt, e.g. for removing the old
/var/pseudo dir if user already choosing to install under /opt/poky and
override existing contents
5. Add prompt for target arch configuration to be consistent with the host
side checking
6. Rename file names to make them make more sense and cosistent with other
script name convention of Yocto project

Attached  tar file contains all my changes, so please make changes on top of
the files in it instead of merge into your local dir due to the amount of
changes, unless you already create a git repo some where for us to track the
changes...

There're still couple issues that you need to fix:
1. The log file is still not capturing all the needed content, I think it's
on your to do list
2. I noticed the target sysroot is create as root under the user directory,
which is wrong, I believe it's due to the code is exectuing in the part that
need root priviledge, so need to move it out...

I've run against situation of none /opt/poky and everything has been
installed before, and it functioning as I'd expected besides the above 2
mentioned issues.  So we're almost there...

Thanks,
Jessica