[yocto] yocto_installer test script update

Ke, Liping liping.ke at intel.com
Thu Dec 2 21:34:15 PST 2010

Hi, Jessica

Since I got a high fever yesterday so did not come to office in the morning...

Please see my reply below...

Thanks& Regards,
criping

I can detect whether some configurations are set in the environment, but such detection is something like a hack. If user like to set some CC, CFLAGS, seems we need not bother with it. This is the common case of failure. Eg: for normal project in open source world, make/make install is the normal installation process. We will meet the same error. Seems nobody will deal with it. But if you like, I will add a guard to detect the settings of specific environment setup. But Lianhao said such detection is strange.

> Also, yesterday, I spent quite some time re-wrote lots of prompt
> messages in the yocto_main, can you merge them into the new code?

No problem

> In the installation terminal I saw the following prompt:
> 	Check User Configuration For Arch Type x86
> 	Check User Configuration For Arch Type arm
> 	Check User Configuration For Arch Type powerpc
> 	Check User Configuration For Arch Type mips
> 	Check architecture type x86 whether it needs to download images
> 	Check architecture type arm whether it needs to download images
> 	Check architecture type powerpc whether it needs to download
> images
> 	Check architecture type mips whether it needs to download images
> 	Do you want to go on installing, please enter Y/N:Y
>
> 	Beginning installation process...
>
> 	Begin to install selected native ADT!
> 	make dir ///var/lib/opkg successfully!
> 	Downloading http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/Packages.
> 	Downloading http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/all/Packages.
> 	Downloading
> http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/i586-nativesdk/Packages.
> 	Downloading
> http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/i586-i586-canadian/Packages.
> 	Downloading
> http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/i586-arm-canadian/Packages.
> 	Downloading
> http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/i586-powerpc-canadian/Packages.
> 	Downloading
> http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/i586-mips-canadian/Packages.
> 	Downloading
> http://llu-piketon.sh.intel.com/ipk_sdk/i586-x86_64-canadian/Packages.
>
> And by looking at your yocto_config file, which as following Host Area
> YOCTOADT_TARGETS="powerpc"
> YOCTOADT_QEMU="Y"
> YOCTOADT_NFS_UTIL="Y"
> YOCTOADT_BITBAKE="Y"
> YOCTOADT_METADATA="Y"
>
> #Target Area
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_arm="N"
> YOCTOADT_ROOTFS_arm="sato sdk"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_IMAGE_arm="sato"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_arm="$HOME/test-yocto/arm"
>
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_x86="Y"
> YOCTOADT_ROOTFS_x86="sdk minimal"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_IMAGE_x86="sdk"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_x86="$HOME/test-yocto/x86"
>
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_powerpc="N"
> YOCTOADT_ROOTFS_powerpc="sdk sato minimal"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_IMAGE_powerpc="minimal"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_powerpc="$HOME/test-yocto/mips"
>
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_mips="N"
> YOCTOADT_ROOTFS_mips="sdk"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_IMAGE_mips="sdk"
> YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_mips="$HOME/test-yocto/mips"
>
> Questions/comments
> 1. I'm assuming the "Check user configuration" and "Check architecture
> type"
> messages are just for debugging and the in the final code they'll be
> gone right?

Yes. The code is not finished yet. It needs further processing.

> 2. Why I'm seeing so many downloading for all the cross-canadian for
> all arches? According to your configure file, shouldn't just i586-
> powerpc-canadian?  Also, don't know where the "Downloading http://..."
> message from, are they from the opkg install?

Yes. This information is given by opkg update. It's package information.
When updating, it will fetch all those available repository information.
It has nothing to do with opkg install powerpc related materials.