[yocto] Yocto Project announces new and updated documentation

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Wed Dec 1 06:09:32 PST 2010

The Yocto Project is pleased to announce some new kernel documentation on the yoctoproject.org web site and a revision for the Poky Reference Manual.  Both these manuals are available on the Yocto Project website at http://yoctoproject.org/community/documentation.

Kernel Architecture and Use Manual

We have just released a new manual on the project web site which explains the major concepts and usage of the Yocto Project kernel. The kernel is based on the Linux kernel from kernel.org, and includes a mechanism for applying git branches for various architectures, platforms and devices.

Poky Reference Manual

The main reference manual for the build system has been updated, and a new version is available from the website on http://yoctoproject.org/community/documentation.

We appreciate your feedback on these updates and participation in the project.

Dave