[Yocto-infrastructure] Unplanned network outage at OSU OSL

Michael Halstead michael at yoctoproject.org
Wed Jan 25 10:34:13 PST 2012

We had some network downtime this morning and there may be more to come.
This network impacts all Yocto web facing services except for bugzilla
which is hosted elsewhere for the moment. I've included the relevant
e-mail below.

Michael Halstead
Sys Admin / Yocto Project

On 01/25/2012 08:33 AM, Lance Albertson wrote:

> Our upstream network provider NERO experienced a fault on one linecard
> of their core router in Portland this morning, 1/25/2012, at around 0730
> PST.  Between 0730 and 0805 PST traffic was impacted passing to/from the
> Internet until the problem was isolated and resolved.  At this point the
> cause appears to have been a software fault.
>
> We do not expect further impact but will be monitoring the issue
> closely. If you have any further questions, please contact the OSL at
> support at osuosl.org.
Unfortunately it appears that NERO is still having problems with the
line card. They just brought the card back online however there still
might be a chance it will happen again until they finally have a
solution found. I will keep you posted as new information becomes available.

Thanks for your patience.

- --
Lance Albertson
Systems Administrator / Architect                        Open Source Lab
Information Services                             Oregon State University