[Yocto-infrastructure] Bugzilla Upgrade Plan

Michael Halstead michael at yoctoproject.org
Wed Feb 8 15:08:51 PST 2012

I would like to follow this time line for the Bugzilla upgrade. I need
to confirm times with Adam Gretzinger and Eric Searcy. If they aren't
available at these points I will send a revised copy.

Michael Halstead
Sys Admin / Yocto Project

February 20^th :

2:00pm E-mail yocto at yoctoproject.org <mailto:yocto at yoctoproject.org>
explaining the upgrade and the time table.

February 23^rd :

9:00am E-mail reminders to the list and to Adam Gretzinger and Eric Searcy.

February 24^th Move and Upgrade Bugzilla:

Friday after 3pm PST is a low usage time and ideal for an upgrade. The
Saturday after gives ample time for recovery in case of exceptional
problems.

2:30pm E-mail the list and ping IRC to announce that the upgrade is
proceeding.

3pm Adam Gretzinger shuts down the current bugzilla with a message
explaining that the upgrade is in progress.

3pm Adam provides a fresh copy of the poky_bugs database from otc03.

3pm Eric Searcy changes DNS from otc03 to bugzilla host at OSL.

3:15pm Michael re-runs database upgrade steps to bring bugzilla 4.x in
sync with our current state.

3:25pm Quick tests in admin only mode

3:30pm bugzilla is back up and available for use. E-mail
yocto at yoctoproject.org <mailto:yocto at yoctoproject.org> asking for any
information about problems.

4:00pm bring up a read only copy of bugzilla 3.x for comparison and
troubleshooting.

4:00-6:00pm repair any issues found in realtime.

6:00pm Fall back point, if 4.x is still having problems I bring it down
and point at the 3.x copy then flip 3.x out of read-only mode.

February 25^th -March 19^th : Minimal fixes only. No development copy
during this period to reduce confusion. We need to make sure users are
confident in the new version.

Week of March 19^th :

Start adding new features to development copy of bugzilla for testing.

Week of April 9^th :

Plan to bring tested features into production in time for M3 work.