[Yocto-infrastructure] [Infra] Downtime Thursday August 9th at 11:00 AM UTC

Michael Halstead michael at yoctoproject.org
Wed Aug 8 20:11:03 PDT 2012

Thursday August 9th from 11:00 UTC to 13:00 UTC all of our IP addresses
are changing. (4am to 6am PDT)

During the move Yocto Project services including web, bugtracking,
e-mail, mailing lists, autobuilders, and git as well as others will be
unavailable. We plan for the actual outage to last 30 minutes within
this window but it may take longer.

Since IP addresses are changing we also need to update DNS. After
service is restored cached DNS entries may cause services to be
unreachable for up to 3 hours afterwards. We are doing what we can to
avoid DNS caching issues but some providers may still cache longer than
expected. Most providers will have the new addresses within 10 minutes.

I will provide real time status updates at #yocto on
http://freenode.net/ IRC. Please direct questions via e-mail to
michael at yoctoproject.org.

Michael Halstead
Yocto Project / Sys Admin