[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE meta-st-stm32mp (thud)

akuster akuster at mvista.com
Tue Mar 12 22:08:53 PDT 2019

On 3/12/19 9:34 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 5:50 PM Nicolas Dechesne
> <nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> STM has submitted a new layer for YP Compatible program, for thud.
>>
>> https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp
>> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/thud/layer/meta-st-stm32mp/
>>
>> I have reviewed their application, and tested against the
>> yocto-check-layer, and it all looks good.
>>
>> Can you please vote yes/no?

I would like to see a Maintainer and where to send patches in the README.

This is on my top my list on needing to be in a README, for that I vote
"No" until corrected.

I think its missing the from the layer.conf file:
LAYERDEPENDS_stm-st-stm32mp = "openembedded-layer", its listed in the README

and maybe
LAYERDEPENDS_stm-st-stm32mp = "core" for completeness.

Just from a standardization point of view, the README is missing the
"bitbake" repo info, or they could have used Poky or both.

Just for clarity for the user. I see an EULA being included but I don't
see it being explained what to do with it and its not mentioned in the
README.

May want to review:
regards,
Armin