[yocto-ab] Status of Emeritus Members

darknighte darknighte at darknighte.com
Thu Nov 1 11:30:11 PDT 2018

Fellow Advisory Board Members:

  Recent discussions have prompted me to seek clarification of the
status of Emeritus members of the Advisory Board.  Currently, my
understanding is that all members of the AB are equal, except in terms
of voting. In the case of Emeritus members, they do not have a vote.
As I understand it, the Emeritus member designation was used to
recognize folks who were present at the formation of the AB and
provided a way for Emeritus members to continue to participate in AB
deliberations and meetings.
  With that in mind, what do the current members of the Advisory Board
think that the Emeritus member designation means currently and what
should it mean going forward?

--
Sean Hudson
Emeritus Member of the Yocto Advisory Board