[yocto-ab] Stepping back

Mills, William wmills at ti.com
Sat Jun 9 05:31:21 PDT 2018

Jeffro,

Thank you for your tireless service to this project.  You have always been helpful to the AB, the project, and wide community and someone we all trusted to organize us.

All,

It was the AB that named Jeffro as AB Chair and it needs to be the AB that names a successor.  Intel has offered Travis Broughton as AB Chair pro tem.

Texas Instruments would like to nominate Philip Balister as AB Chair.

Philip has been with the project since the very beginning and with Open Embedded long before that.  Philip is our OE representative and has served in that role very well.  I think Philip will do well in the AB Chair role as well.

I, of course, have spoken to Philip to ensure he is OK with this and he agreed that he can help the project in this way.

Let's plan to discuss this on Monday's meeting.

Thank you,
Bill