[yocto-ab] Yocto Project Community Manager

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Jul 30 00:33:36 PDT 2018

Dear all,

Jefro announced earlier this year in June, that he was stepping back from
his position within the Yocto Project. As discussed last week in AB
meeting, I am given the opportunity to become the next Community Manager
for the Yocto Project.

For those of you who don't know me already, please note that I have been
working at Linaro for the last 5 years, and previously worked at Texas
Instruments. I am based closed to Nice, in the South of France. I have been
working/involved with OpenEmbedded since the OE classic days, and I have
watched the project become the Yocto Project. Throughout these years, I
have witnessed all the great work done by Jefro to develop and organize our
open source community.

I am very excited about this new challenge, and looking forward to working
with all of you to continue to develop our vibrant community. Within the
next few weeks, I will be deep diving into all our various community assets
to come up-to-speed as quickly as possible. For that, I am already working
very closely with Lieu, Richard, Michael and Andreea. And I can count on
full support from Jefro and Tracey as well.

Note that, while this is an additional function for me, on top of my
current Linaro duties, the whole Linaro management is very excited about
this opportunity, and will provide all the support I need for this new role!

>From now on, feel free to reach out to me if you need to bring up any
community issues or ideas of improvements. Needless to say, if you, or
anyone in your company is willing to help out with any community management
tasks, please let me know.

cheers
nicolas