[yocto-ab] 20180723 Minutes: Yocto Project AB meeting

Ta, Lieu Lieu.Ta at windriver.com
Tue Jul 24 14:20:47 PDT 2018

Attendees:
Lieu:  YP AB Chair
Armin:  Monta Vista
Richard:  YP Tech Lead
Andreea:  YP Advocacy Lead
Dan:  Wind River
Kate:  LF Representative
Munakata-san:  Renesas
Kevin: Mentor Graphics
Nico:  YP Community Manager & Linaro
Philip: Open Embedded
Nectar:  Intel
Aaron:  Facebook
Bill:  Texas Instrument

Topics:
-       Welcome Facebook to Yocto Project as a Platinum member
o       Representing FB:  Aaron Sullivan
o       FB uses YP a lot in its internal platform - OpenBMC
*       OpenBMC has YP as its base
*       Aaron represents OpenBMC here, in a smaller extent
*       Any question, please reach out to Aaron:  aaronsullivan at fb.com
-       AB announcements
o       Richard is onboard as Technical lead as of July 2nd
o       Nico D from Linaro has graciously stepped up to be the community manager for Yocto Project.
o       Andreea V has stepped in as the Advocacy Lead
-       Technical updates
o       Point releases for all the current stable releases
*       Last point releases Morty and Pyro
o       2.6 release - on track
-       Advocacy updates
o       ELCE and DevDay in Oct  ==> on track
o       Registration for DevDay should be ready soon
-       Community updates:
o       Nico is coming up to speed on the Community Management items
-       Finance updates
o       We are on track with the projected spending
-       Governance next step
o       Per the last call, we need to update our Governance since it has not been looked at since inception.
o       Parts of the update is to align ourselves with how other projects within the LF are governed for consistency and also to take advantage of the services available from LF.
o       LF has a template already.  Need to get 3-4 volunteers from the AB to form a workgroup to tackle the document and readout to the AB on a regular  basis until it's done.
*       Subgroup: Lieu, Philip, Nectar, Bill, Aaron
o       Subgroup will meet weekly to work on the document.  Readout to the AB in 6 weeks.
o       Goal:  get the Governance to a point where we are aligned and ready for signatures by ELCE.
-       Next meeting date/time
o       As the AB members are global, meeting will be held at 6am PDT until further notice.
*       Apologies to PDT and JST time zones, but it's the only possible time slot that inconvenience the least number of people
o       Projected AB meetings before ELCE:  8/28 at 6am PDT; 10/9 6am PDT
-       AGL (Munakata-san)
o       It require some more time to discuss with AGL
o       Munakata-san will reach out if any AB support is required.
-       HW verification testing
o       Currently relying on Intel for all the testing
o       Need to spread out to the community.
o       TI may be able to test the Beaglebone images, but needs to understand what's involved
o       Nectar will present to the AB the process at our next call.

Regards,
Lieu