[yocto-ab] Leaving Intel

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Apr 11 04:52:10 PDT 2018

Its been no secret that I've been on "long term loan" to the Linux
Foundation from Intel. Its with a heavy heart that for various reasons
I've decided to leave Intel.

There are quite a number of consequences from this, I've felt somewhat
trapped by them for some time and I can only apologise if this does
create some problems but I no longer feel able to make that situation
work any further.

Whilst I may shortly be unemployed, my fellowship with the Linux
Foundation remains. My position as the architect for the Yocto Project
is a decision which rests with the advisory board.

I would very much like to continue with the Yocto Project and am going
to try and figure out how it may be possible to make that happen.

The project does have a bright future, its being used may many
different varied companies in many different ways and I have a number
of ideas about interesting places the project could go. As such I see
this as the end of one chapter but also the beginning of a new one.

Regards,

Richard