[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE proposal for emeritus advisors

Stewart, David C david.c.stewart at intel.com
Tue Oct 31 21:50:20 PDT 2017

Nice! Thanks for the consideration.
How about Paul Anderson?

From: <yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org> on behalf of Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro at jefro.net>
Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 2:52 PM
To: "yocto-ab at yoctoproject.org" <yocto-ab at yoctoproject.org>
Subject: [yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE proposal for emeritus advisors

The YP Advisory Board voted a few years ago to grant permanent membership on the Advisory Board to an individual, separate from association with a company, in order to enable Tracey Erway to continue to come to meetings and provide valuable input even though she was no longer empowered by Intel as a voting participant. (We are grateful that her participation has resumed, as she is still the Advocacy Goddess and a very active AB member.)

This does not include everyone who was present at these meetings. I have gone over mailing lists and minutes for the past 7 years and included only those who have made consistent contributions to the discussion. If I have left anyone out, please let me know and I will add them.

This vote is to grant each of the individuals below a permanent, nonvoting "emeritus" seat on the Yocto Project Advisory Board. I chose people who have been actively participating in the project, some from the very beginning. This status means their service is recognized and they have a seat at every meeting for discussion whether they are currently voting for a company or not.

Again, although some of the people on this list are also voting members, this is a non-voting status - it is simply recognition for non-technical contributions, and a permanent invitation to continue to participate in governance and administration. It is related to the new Ambassadors program that will be featured on the new website.

Please vote yes/no to grant these individuals permanent emeritus advisor status.

Bill Mills
Lieu Ta
Dirk Hohndel
Kevin McCombe
Nithya Ruff
Sean Hudson
Atul Bansal
David Stewart
David A. Cobbley
Philip Balister
Steve Sakoman
Armin Kuster
Davide Ricci
Chris Hallinan
Otavio Salvador
Khem Raj
Changhyeok Bae
Hsaio Munakata
Jon Aldama
Nicolas Dechesne
Michael Brown

(Note: "emeritus" usually refers to someone retired from their position, which many of these people are not, so if there is a better term please suggest one)

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon - Open Source Community Manager, Intel Corporation