[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: raw metrics

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Mon Oct 23 22:55:28 PDT 2017

These are the metrics links we discussed yesterday. Think of these as
building blocks to provide data. Now we need to figure out good questions
to ask to determine how to measure the health of the community. This will
be an ongoing effort over the next quarter.

Bitergia is a company that LF has contracted with to provide metrics for
all of their collaborative projects. Intel paid for additional data sets
and support on behalf of the Yocto Project. Through these tools we have
visualized data for the git repos, mailing lists, and bugzilla instance.
These visualizations are highly configurable, and the whole setup is built
with open source software.

https://yoctoproject.biterg.io

OpenHub is a BlackDuck project that provides a medium-depth dive into the
git server.

https://www.openhub.net/p/YoctoProject

Now that we have these tools, I look forward to working with those
interested on customizing the data set definitions so we know exactly what
we are looking at.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon - Open Source Community Manager, Intel Corporation