[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: BSPs, YP Compatible, and the new website

akuster akuster at mvista.com
Wed Nov 8 16:39:19 PST 2017

On 11/08/2017 02:20 PM, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey wrote:

> The new Yocto Project website will contain a list of BSPs as a subset
> of the OE layer index. This is a great opportunity for all members to
> get their BSPs approved as YP Compatible, which is the filter we plan
> to use to display BSPs. All member BSPs are eligible to apply for this
> status, but not all do, so if you have a public BSP, please make sure
> it passes the new yocto-check-layer script and then file a request for
> YP Compatible status.

Many Members are Owners of standard layers like meta-selinux, meta-virt,
meta-dpdk , etc. Is there any reason not to get those "Qualified" too? I
think it helps show that Members are serious about the layers they
create and maintain.

Also, please add  Rocko "2.4" to the
https://www.yoctoproject.org/webform/yocto-project-compatible-registration.
We will most likely need to update it to add a check box for the script
being run and get a Version 2 added.

just some ideas.

Kind regards and Mahalo,
- armin