[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE YP Compatible: meta-intel

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Tue Nov 7 08:32:09 PST 2017

Hi all - we have been working on streamlining the YP Compatible process
over the past year, and to that end RP has given us a script that checks
layers for adherence to good YP practices. As this script matures, I intend
to initiate a movement to streamline the YP Compatible process, hopefully
next year.

Meanwhile, the team at Intel is in the process of releasing the meta-intel
BSP collection. It is obviously an upgrade from a previous YP Compatible
release, and the new meta-intel layer gets a PASS from the script. Please
vote to grant meta-intel 8.0.0 (Rocko) the status of YP Compatible.

(Also, please consider this a reminder to run your upgraded layers through
the script and request YP Compatible status for them)

thanks

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon - Open Source Community Manager, Intel Corporation