[yocto-ab] Introducing IoT Reference OS Kit

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Jan 20 07:53:34 PST 2017

David, this is great news.

As an advisory board member, I'd like to understand what this mean the
Yocto Project is committing to though. Are these specific layers for
building existing software, new software packages, etc.

We already have one reference distribution (Poky). How does this differ?

Finally, we need to understand what this does to the manpower needed to
support the Project. Richard is constantly reminding us we need more
people working on core pieces of the project, will this lead to
additional work for already overloaded people?

Philip