[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE YP Participant, RTSoft

Ta, Lieu Lieu.Ta at windriver.com
Tue Feb 21 09:40:22 PST 2017

Yes from Wind River

Regards,
Lieu

From: yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Osier-mixon, Jeffrey
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 8:33 AM
To: yocto-ab at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: VOTE YP Participant, RTSoft

I thought RTSoft had already been inducted into the ranks of YP Participants, but evidently not. They have been around for a while as active consultants in Germany. They technically have a few more employees than our application specifies, but we have allowed other orgs with that many employees in before.

Please vote yes/no on RTSoft as a YP Participant:

 --Contact information--
     Organization / project name: RTSoft SWDC
     Contact name: hubert.hafner at rtsoft.de<mailto:hubert.hafner at rtsoft.de>
     Contact email address: hubert.hafner at rtsoft.de<mailto:hubert.hafner at rtsoft.de>
     URL to organization or product link: www.rtsoft.de<http://www.rtsoft.de/>
     Registration date: 2017-02-20
     Compliance Agreement revision: 1.0

Criteria:
  - Visibly participating in the Yocto Project community. Please describeyour
participation in the comments section below.: Yes
  - Working towards and supporting the aims and objectives of the Yocto
Project. These include decreasing the fragmentation of embedded ecosystem and
focusing around a common shared set of tools, formats and best practices. We
want to avoid multiple groups of people repeating the same work and have one
set of great tools rather than multiple tools with drawbacks.: Yes
  - Committed to promoting the OpenEmbedded architecture, layer model, andBSP
format.: Yes
  - Are all your publicly accessible layers listed in the OpenEmbedded Layers
index (http://layers.openembedded.org<http://layers.openembedded.org/>)?: No (explain below)
  - Committed to sending to the open source community any patches to
OpenEmbedded-Core, BitBake and other Yocto Project layers.: No (explain
below)
  - Aiming for compatibility and interoperability among different metadata
layers.: Yes
  - Are a non-profit, small business (up to 80 employees), or existing Yocto
Project member organization, or if the project's parent organization is an
open-source project.: No (explain below)
Explanation:
Hello,

RTSoft is focussed on embedded Software development. In terms of yocto, we
help our customers to port their BSPs to a proper Yocto approach. We are a
profit-company with round-about 100 developers. We do not list all layers nor
send all the patches back. The reason therefore is that we work on behalf of
customrs, the drive the direction what to be published and sent back to
community - of course all in allignment with copyright copyleft agreements.

Jeffrey "Jefro" Osier-Mixon, Intel Corporation
Open Source Community Engineer & Advocate
Yocto Project Community Manager