[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: April meeting minutes & new member info

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Mon Apr 18 09:50:28 PDT 2016

Hi again - I'm following up on the potential dues increase in 2017. I
had a conversation with Otavio this morning, and he suggested that
some of the Silver members might have a great deal of difficulty with
a 50% increase in dues, especially as they are all currently paying
for LF corporate membership as well.

I propose that we consider keeping Silver at 10k annually, but placing
stronger guidelines on which organizations can join as Silver.
Alternatively, we could reopen the discussion about Bronze level. I
think it is paramount to the community to have an affordable
participation level that still has access to YP Compatible status.

Thoughts welcome