[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board VOTE: Amplitude Systèmes

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Fri Jul 10 16:07:59 PDT 2015

Hi all - a vote to consider for Friday afternoon. This organization is
technically outside our loose guidelines (150 employees) but it is exactly
the kind of organization that we created this program for - a small company
with a YP-based BSP. Let me know what you think and/or vote yes/no.

thanks

   --Contact information--
     Organization / project name: Amplitude Systèmes
     Contact name: Pierre-Jean TEXIER
     Contact email address: pjtexier at amplitude-systemes.com
     URL to organization or product link:
     http://www.amplitude-systemes.com
     Registration date: 2015-05-02
     Compliance Agreement revision: 1.0

Criteria:
  - Visibly participating in the Yocto Project community. Please
describeyour
participation in the comments section below.: Yes
  - Working towards and supporting the aims and objectives of the Yocto
Project. These include decreasing the fragmentation of embedded ecosystem
and
focusing around a common shared set of tools, formats and best practices. We
want to avoid multiple groups of people repeating the same work and have one
set of great tools rather than multiple tools with drawbacks.: Yes
  - Committed to promoting the OpenEmbedded architecture, layer model,
andBSP
format.: Yes
  - Are all your publicly accessible layers listed in the OpenEmbedded
Layers
index (http://layers.openembedded.org)?: Yes
  - Committed to sending to the open source community any patches to
OpenEmbedded-Core, BitBake and other Yocto Project layers.: Yes
  - Aiming for compatibility and interoperability among different metadata
layers.: Yes
  - Are a non-profit, small business (up to 80 employees), or existing Yocto
Project member organization, or if the project's parent organization is an
open-source project.: No (explain below)
Explanation:
Amplitude Systèmes is a company that has 150 employees but with only 3
developers (FPGA developer,  Linux Kernel/BSP Yocto developer and
microncontroler developer. We are working on i.MX6 target produced by
freescale on a motherboard designed by EUKREA company (Yocto Project
Participant).

Our BSP is based on the yocto project.

For the moment we have committed only one patch
(http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/log/?qt=author&q=texierp)
but
we intend to further support the yocto project.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon
Open Source Community Architect, Intel Corporation