[yocto-ab] OpenEmbedded bug Squashing events

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Mar 4 11:43:35 PST 2014

The OpenEmbedded Technical Steering Committee is working on getting "Bug
Squashing" Days going again. The idea is we have a period of time people
focus on resolving bugs that accumulate in bugzilla.

We've been trying 4 day period starting Friday and ending Monday to
involve as many people as we can. We are open to trying shorter periods
during the regular work week to try and engage more people using oe-core
professionally.

Since AB members have an interest in improving the overall quality of
OpenEmbedded, we thought we would ask how to better attract your
engineers working with OE to helping squash bugs (I know some do
already). We can help provide guidance for bugs to work on, assist with
patch preparation and submission etc. This can be a great way to get
people used to submitting fixes upstream instead of carrying them locally.

Let us know if you have ideas how to increase participation in bug
squashing events.

Thanks,

Philip