[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: BytesAtWork for YP Participant

Cristina Rodriguez cristina.rodriguez at avagotech.com
Mon Jun 30 08:51:28 PDT 2014

Yes from LSI.
-cristina

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org
[mailto:yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Osier-mixon,
Jeffrey
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 3:22 PM
To: yocto-ab at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: BytesAtWork for YP Participant

BytesAtWork is a small Swiss consultancy using the Yocto Project in their
business, and also promoting it within their community and partner
networks. Their own description is below.

Please vote yes/no by email for YP Participant status for BytesAtWork.

thanks
___________________________
Organization / project name: bytes at work AG
     Contact name: Markus Kappeler
     Contact email address: markus.kappeler at bytesatwork.ch
     URL to organization or product link: http://www.bytesatwork.ch

We're a startup company based in Switzerland with 5 engineers. My plan is
to grow further, but ...

We use Yocto on our eval-kit bytePANEL with our System on Module based on
ARM Cortex-A8 AM335x to promote embedded Linux. In August we'll have our
new system on module based on the ARM Cortex-A9 AM437x ready.
We'll publish the receipts for this SoM too.
Some of our customers plan to use yocto in there devices. So we'll provide
long term support for them.

Regarding the participation I'm open. My skills are more in the C/C++
programming then in python.

We published our layer under layers.openembedded.org.
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-bytesat
work/

___________________________
Criteria:
  - Visibly participating in the Yocto Project community. Please
describeyour participation in the comments section below.: Yes
  - Working towards and supporting the aims and objectives of the Yocto
Project. These include decreasing the fragmentation of embedded ecosystem
and focusing around a common shared set of tools, formats and best
practices. We want to avoid multiple groups of people repeating the same
work and have one set of great tools rather than multiple tools with
drawbacks.: Yes
  - Committed to promoting the OpenEmbedded architecture, layer model,
andBSP
format.: Yes
  - Are all your publicly accessible layers listed in the OpenEmbedded
Layers index (http://layers.openembedded.org)?: Yes
  - Committed to sending to the open source community any patches to
OpenEmbedded-Core, BitBake and other Yocto Project layers.: Yes
  - Aiming for compatibility and interoperability among different metadata
layers.: Yes
  - Are a non-profit, small business (up to 80 employees), or existing
Yocto Project member organization, or if the project's parent organization
is an open-source project.: Yes
Explanation:

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel