[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board: Real-time support in mainline

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Tue Jul 8 12:40:06 PDT 2014

There is an ongoing effort to fund a project to add PREEMPT_RT support
into the Linux mainline kernel. Some of you are already aware of this,
but I wanted to make sure all member orgs know about it, as the
project is in jeopardy. lwn.net produced a post this morning about the
issue:

https://lwn.net/Articles/604695/

Real-time support is very near and dear to the hearts of many of the
organizations on this list. If there is a chance your organization
could contribute to the effort, I would be happy to put you in touch
with the people who are trying to make it happen.

thanks

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel
Yocto Project Community Manager http://yoctoproject.org