[yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board VOTE: Linutronix for YP Participant

Cobbley, David A david.a.cobbley at intel.com
Tue Jul 1 12:44:43 PDT 2014

Yes

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Osier-Mixon
Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:50 AM
To: yocto-ab at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto-ab] YP Advisory Board VOTE: Linutronix for YP Participant

Hi all, one more vote this week. This is for Linutronix, a name that is probably well known to most of you. Please vote yes/no on Linutronix as YP Participant.

Description in their words:

linutronix as a linux service provider is using Yocto on variant customer projects where we do adapt the basic Yocto "bsp" from one of the hardware vendor or system vendor like phytec, to the needs of the end user. We are also offering and doing Yocto trainings in order to assist customers to be able to use Yocto and, for advantaged users, fully understand Yocto and be able to use it in total.

We also are, as one of the contributor to the mainline kernel (--> Preempt-RT patch; see tglx, who is one the owner of linutronix), always convinced on open source tools and we believe in the idea of Yocto as a tool to leverage the use of Linux in the industry. We will be happy to assist to bring our RT knowledge in the Yocto project on different levels.

We are also working on convincing some of our customers (which are producers of hardware modules) to switch from their own, proprietary based build systems (--> ptxdist) to Yocto. Here, a membership in Yocto would be very helpful. This will show our customer our strong believe in Yocto. And we are working on them to offer their adaptions as a layer to the relevant Yocto project they are based on with their product.

   --Contact information--
     Organization / project name: linutronix GmbH
     Contact name: Heinz Egger
     Contact email address: heinz.egger at linutronix.de
     URL to organization or product link: www.linutronix.de
     Registration date: 2014-06-23
     Compliance Agreement revision: 1.0

Criteria:
  - Visibly participating in the Yocto Project community. Please describeyour participation in the comments section below.: Yes
  - Working towards and supporting the aims and objectives of the Yocto Project. These include decreasing the fragmentation of embedded ecosystem and focusing around a common shared set of tools, formats and best practices. We want to avoid multiple groups of people repeating the same work and have one set of great tools rather than multiple tools with drawbacks.: Yes
  - Committed to promoting the OpenEmbedded architecture, layer model, andBSP
format.: Yes
  - Are all your publicly accessible layers listed in the OpenEmbedded Layers index (http://layers.openembedded.org)?:
  - Committed to sending to the open source community any patches to OpenEmbedded-Core, BitBake and other Yocto Project layers.: Yes
  - Aiming for compatibility and interoperability among different metadata
layers.: Yes
  - Are a non-profit, small business (up to 80 employees), or existing Yocto Project member organization, or if the project's parent organization is an open-source project.: Yes
Explanation:

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel
Yocto Project Community Manager http://yoctoproject.org