[yocto-ab] Advocacy video for YP on Intel architectures

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Thu Jan 9 14:09:15 PST 2014

Hi all & happy new year!

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up that Intel is working on
producing an animated video about using the Yocto Project on Intel
architectures. They are being extremely careful not to imply that this
is against any other architectures, and even to point out that the
multiple-architecture framework that we work so hard to build is a
core feature of the product. They have offered to provide an advance
viewing to Advisory Board members in the next week or two, before the
video is used in public.

This is sort of similar to the wonderful video that Dell put together
last year when they rejoined the project as a member organization (hi
Michael). Videos like these are really fantastic ways to reach out to
people as human beings and give them a reason to want to learn more
about the project.

I would like to encourage all of you to work within your organizations
to do this same kind of activity, either with videos or websites or
publications, and if you need any help with these activities, please
let me know so I can help you find the resources you need. Advocacy
for the Yocto Project can only come from the activities of its members
- we don't have a marketing department, so it is up to all of us to do
this.

To that end, I would also like to renew the advocacy team and restart
regular meetings as soon as possible. If you would like to be on the
advocacy team and are not yet on the mailing list, let me know or join
the list at https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto-advocacy

thanks
--
Jeff Osier-Mixon @Intel