[yocto-ab] opkg under the YP umbrella?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Nov 18 13:16:04 PST 2013

I wanted to mention to the AB that we've had a request to consider opkg
as one of the projects under the YP umbrella.

The ask is for assistance on infrastructure (git repo, mailing list and
so on). Since OE is one of opkg's main users I believe we should help
them out. Part of the transition will see them move svn -> git which may
improve build speeds a little (no longer need subversion-native) so I
have a small bias there too.

I've told Michael to proceed as we needed a decision but I wanted to
give the AB an opportunity to raise any concerns. Personally, I think
having the project under the umbrella is very in keeping with the
general project's objectives though and further illustrates we're not
just a build system.

Cheers,

Richard