[yocto-ab] Yocto Project AB VOTE: Boundary Devices

Ta, Lieu Lieu.Ta at windriver.com
Thu May 23 15:56:08 PDT 2013

Yes from Wind River

Regards,
Lieu

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-ab-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Osier-mixon, Jeffrey
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:57 PM
To: yocto-ab at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto-ab] Yocto Project AB VOTE: Boundary Devices

Hi all - please take a quick minute to vote yes/no on Boundary Devices, a single-board vendor using meta-fsl who is rapidly increasing their alignment with the Yocto Project. Some details about them with a quote:

http://boundarydevices.com
To begin with, we're a single-board computer vendor that specializes in Freescale i.MX-based boards.

As such, our internal development centers around boot loader and kernel development (the bits that are very hardware dependent).

That said, many customers come to us looking for recommendations and support of userspaces. We describe some of that here:
        http://boundarydevices.com/wheres-the-bsp-for-i-mx5x-i-mx6/

We've only recently begun investing time and energy in Yocto, and have been impressed with the work being done by Freescale and others in the meta-freescale (meta-fsl) project.

We just brought in a new developer and plan to have him largely engaged with the meta-fsl group to both ensure proper support for our boards, but also to create some How-to documents related to Yocto.

We currently ship demo code to customers that's based on a Linux userspace from Timesys. If all goes according to plan, we'd like to switch that to a Yocto-based demo package.