[yocto-ab] eglibc vs glibc

William Mills wmills at ti.com
Wed Dec 11 08:59:41 PST 2013

All,

 From Linaro I understand that eglibc is nearing its last release.
Linaro is planning the transition from eglibc to glibc.
They are asking what gaps remain in glibc that are important to eglibc
users.
We realize that embedded is the most likely where any gaps exist.
Linaro toolchain builds eglibc but they turn on all the options so they
do not have a lot of experience on scaling down.

Has oe-core already done or planned the transition to glibc?
Have we identified any gaps?
Has any one tried yp-tiny with glibc?

Linaro toolchain group is asking if there are any gaps that need to be
closed.
I don't know enough to guide them.

Bill