[yocto-ab] Yocto Project AB: OS Systems

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Tue Aug 13 11:22:37 PDT 2013

Hi all

OS Systems is a YP Participant organization in Brazil. Its principal
person is Otavio Salvador, whom many people know as a very strong
member of the YP community. Otavio is the maintainer for the
meta-fsl-* layers and the meta-freescale mailing list.

OS Systems is a very small organization. They have LF membership
through the Automotive Group, but they do not have a prayer for being
able to afford YP membership.

Otavio has asked about YP Compatible status for their distro for thin
clients: ThinTerminal. Since he is such a prominent member of the
community, I told him I would advocate on his behalf. This distro is
technically compatible with YP and built by it, and would immediately
qualify for Compatible if the parent organization were able to join
the project.

Please let me know on this thread what you think about giving an
exception to OS Systems and granting YP Compatible status for this
distro.

OS Systems: http://www.ossystems.com.br

thanks

--