[yocto-ab] Heads up: New meta-fsl-arm layer coming soon + potential new member

Daniel Stenberg Daniel.Stenberg at enea.com
Thu Oct 18 00:25:27 PDT 2012

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012, Sean Hudson wrote:

> Perhaps Dan's question becomes much more relevant then.  Without guidelines
> it is unclear how to get a layer hosted and, more importantly, what
> requirements, if any, there are to get one hosted. Perhaps this is our
> opportunity to formalize such requirements. However, I am leery about
> requiring registrations (participant/compliant) or formal membership, but
> would welcome discussion on such requirements.

I don't think it is in the best interest of the Yocto Project to have such a
requirement.

If we deem the layer is useful and good for us, and if there's a dedicated
maintainer of it etc then I don't think we need to require membership of any
level (participant/compliant). On the contrary I think the companies and
persons donating this to us rather help us boost the Yocto Project without
themselves being able to have their word in the decision making and steering
of the ship. Therefore I don't think meta-zynq is any troublesome either.

I personally doubt hosting of this layer is a significant factor when it comes
to Freescale joining the AB or not.

--
Daniel Stenberg