[yocto-ab] Heads up: New meta-fsl-arm layer coming soon + potential new member

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Oct 17 14:13:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just wanted to give people a heads up that I've been asked if
meta-fsl-arm can be hosted on git.yoctoproject.org.

I'm basically on course to say yes. The only potential reason I can see
for denying the request could be that Freescale are "not quite" full
members at this point. I'd say that blocking hosting the layer until
they are doesn't seem like a very productive move though.

I wanted to give people the opportunity to disagree.

I'm also hearing rumours that the company that created this layer on
behalf of Freescale and who are committing to maintain it, O.S. Systems
are apparently due to become silver members. This is another factor
pushing me to accept the layer and I think actively involved companies
like this should be encouraged, its a very positive sign for the
project!

Cheers,

Richard