[yocto-ab] job postings

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Dec 14 07:33:26 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 07:47 PM, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey wrote:
> Hi all - one of the AB orgs has a position open for which they would very
> much like someone with Yocto/OE experience. In the past, we have discussed
> opening up a job board on the website, but there was some concern about
> people migrating between AB organizations.
>
> What do people think about this currently? Is poaching a concern, and if
> so, is there a way to alleviate that concern?

As the OpenEmbedded rep, I am all for a jobs board. It gives a chance
for people doing work with OpenEmbedded to easily find employment in the
field if they decide to seek related work.

Even for people switching between the .com members, I'd rather see
people stay in the community than seek other employment, just because
they are not happy in one specific position.

Philip