[yocto-ab] eglibc - move under yocto?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Sep 27 01:29:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 01:57 +0100, Stewart, David C wrote:
> +1
>
> John - I am very supportive of this move. I think it will help both
> the EGLIBC project as well as the Yocto Project. Excellent synergy.
>
> I can't remember if RP is on this mailing list, just copying him to be
> sure he is OK with it. I'm pretty sure he will be happy with it as
> well.

I'm on the list and am supportive. It would show Yocto is not just about
build systems and both projects would be stronger together. Its
therefore in keeping with what we're doing.

We'd need to be sure that the eglibc people are happy with the change.

On a practical note, we've gone to effort on the Yocto side to only have
git as the source control system. I know eglibc is using svn and I think
there are (were?) good reasons for it. I notice glibc moved to git so
perhaps they would be interested in migrating too? I think glibc was cvs
so they likely went svn to stay similar? Anyhow, this is a detail but
worth thinking about given glibc switched.

Cheers,

Richard