[yocto-ab] Personas for embedded Linux

Stewart, David C david.c.stewart at intel.com
Fri Oct 28 05:06:27 PDT 2011

Hello AB -

I mentioned in this week's AB meeting that I have been working on a small number of usage stories to help steer our usage model work. I have attached them here. Would really like you to read them and see if they resonate with people you know and what their problems are.

Some notes:

* The exercise was motivated to help our developers understand the problems we're having in getting Yocto adopted by some folks
* They are not representative of all of the uses of Yocto, just a few critical ones where we need to done some urgent work (my opinion)
* These describe features which are not yet implemented. The idea is to set a vision for future development.
* These do not describe all of the
* I intend to send these out to the general ML at some point for feedback
* These can only be as good as the input I get for them. So please send in your cards and letters.

(If you think you saw an earlier version of this, you should read them again because I did an editing / enhancement pass over them.

Dave