[yocto-ab] 2012 Yocto Project Advisory Board meetings

Osier-mixon, Jeffrey jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com
Tue Nov 8 14:03:39 PST 2011

Hi everyone

As you all know, we have a monthly Advisory Board phone meeting along with
one face-to-face meeting each quarter. We normally schedule these
face-to-face meetings at conferences in order to minimize travel and
maximize opportunities for people to participate.  A conference phone will
be provided for those who can't attend in person, as usual, but please keep
in mind that at the first AB meeting (then called a Steering Group), we
decided as a group to meet in person 4 times per year.  As an AB member,
please plan to attend as many of these as possible.

The Linux Foundation has released a schedule of their 2012 conferences (
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/events). Some of the items are still in
flux, but overall they are pretty much set. Based on this list, these look
like the best conferences to schedule our face-to-face meetings for next
year. As we have done this year, meetings will last from 2-4 hours sometime
during the conference, and I will make every effort to schedule around
important conference sessions. I'll update this message if the conference
dates change.

Q1:
  Jan: phone only
  Feb: Embedded Linux Conference North America, Redwood Shores, CA (Feb
14-16)
  Mar: phone only
Q2:
  Apr: Linux Collaboration Summit, Redwood Shores, CA (April 3-5)
  May: phone only
  Jun: phone only
Q3:
  Jul: phone only
  Aug: LinuxCon North America, San Diego, CA (August 29-30)
  Sep: phone only
Q4:
  Oct: phone only
  Nov: Embedded Linux Conference Europe, Barcelona, Spain (Nov 5-7)
  Dec: phone only

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org