[yocto-ab] How can people express support of the Yocto Project?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Nov 3 12:12:47 PDT 2011

We touched on this at the advisory board meeting but we really need to
reach a resolution. The question is a simple one - how can people
indicate support of the project. There are a variety of reasons we could
do with knowing who uses Yocto and equally, there are people who would
like to show support of the project.

Why do we need to know who uses it? At various points in time we all
likely get asked who our users are. We'll never have a complete list but
it would be good to collect up and show the people we know about who
don't mind being listed. It also helps us know more about our userbase
and hence better help them by hopefully better understanding their
needs.

There is also the question of "who can I turn to for help with X?".
Obviously the OSVs want to be first port of call here but they don't
make sense in every case and there is a role for smaller companies too.
I'd love for us to have a list of people offering such services who
believe in Yocto's objectives. This would obviously not be vetted but it
would give people a place to start.

Can we start collecting this information?

Cheers,

Richard