[yocto-ab] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Nov 1 10:16:26 PDT 2011

Attendees:
Beth, Jessica, Tom, Matthew, Joshua, Mark, Jeff,  Bruce, Richard, Saul, Darren, Song

Agenda:

Action items:
1. Song will work with Jiajun to get the QA plan ready for point releases.
2. Matthew will send out patch recommendations for Yocto 1.1.1 to the mailing list.
3. Saul will work with the team to complete the planning for the meta core team.
4. Richard will review unsorted features and prioritize them.
5. Song will change 1.2 schedule and extend M1, M3, M4 by one week due to no ELC in April next year.
6. Song to work with Shanghai team to break epic features into smaller ones.

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 point release update - 5 min (Josh)
  - Haven't been any change since last time we check (2 weeks ago).
  - 1.0.2: target Mid Nov. , Bruce will get kernel update by the end of this week. Song will talk to Jiajun to have the QA take to Jiajun on the testing. Still on Track.
  - 1.1.1: Target the end of Nov to early Dec. Matthew has some patches, will put on the mailing lists. Start pulling things into the branch (Edison branch).
* Yocto 1.2 planning and M1 planning - 20 min (team)
  - Feature planning for some features still need to be completed
  - unsorted features need to be reviewed
  - For those who have completed planning, please go ahead with the design process and development.
  - Kernel team has done a great job for the planning.
  - The design process: developers initiate, talk to various stakeholders, features need to be signed off by team leads and architect/Richard. Design process checklist.
  - Status needs to be updated by feature owners every Monday on the white board after priority and estimate.
  - Estimate: purpose, how we are going to use it: individual can use it for your milestone planning. But won't be used by overall planning or to calculate everyone's workload. After a couple of milestones, estimation will get better and will be used for next milestone planning, but will be adjusted all the time along the way, feel free to update any time. Another use of estimation is to find our epic features. Epic features need to be divided into smaller ones. Suggest to be less than 10 PD.
  - Epic features need to be divided into smaller ones (< 10 PD), before scheduling it for milestones.
  - Focus on a couple of features at a time until it's in master.
  - Stabilization weeks: 'allow' time to fix bugs. But if you don't have any, please continue with features development. Priority during these weeks is to resolve build failures and bug fixing.
  - Don't put off bug fixing during development weeks.
  - Release boundary: We will release in April and October every year. The exact date of a release will vary depending on each release's circumstances.

* Opens - 10 min
  - Open bug count (RP): The # bug is going up, people should pay attention and get more bugs fixed is possible.

* Weekly team sharing (20 min)
  - Darren: Good reception in ELCE, RT workshop, lots of interests. Lot more interest of how to use the project than what the project is, we are making progress.
  - Saul: Came back from ELC, working on planning with the team. No blocker.
  - Richard: ELCE last week, trying to fix ongoing breakage. Catch up with bug patches. Email access has problem due to Linux Foundation network change. Remind me if there is anything I have not responded.
  - Bruce: Sick last week, working on point release update, working on the 1.2 features.
  - Jeff: vacation last week.
  - Mark: investigation with x32 stuff, there is no prelink. Re-syncing to be upstream cause some problem. Two different issues on psudo. ETC for the fixes of these by the end of this week.
  - Matthew: Nothing this time
  - Tom: Working on meta-intel. Working through some packages, building issues, etc. review some documentation. ECG support.
  - Jessica: ELC last week, sync with people on Linux tools, people show strong support of what we are doing. Sync up with 1.2 planning this week.
  - Beth: last week 1.2 planning, some documentation work, fixing a build statistic bug, fix by the end of week.