[yocto-ab] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Aug 23 09:02:37 PDT 2011

Attendees:

Paul, Jeff, Saul, Kishore, Richard, Josh, Beth, Darren, Jessica, Mark, Bruce, Sean, Song

Agenda

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 20 min (team)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria>
 - The team needs to take a look at all 1.1 med+ bugs we have and nominate bugs we can postpone to 1.2. This is mainly to make sure we fix the right bugs for 1.1.
 - Release criteria:
   . Set the M4 goal to fix a significant part of all 1.1 med+ bugs (all high/critical bugs need to be fixed).
 - Kernel upgrade (Darren): Kernel version is locked to 3.0.x. Bruce will decide on which minor version (x) we will have at the end for Yocto 1.1. Most of the work has been done with some bugs still open.
 - Documentation: mostly on track, may have to postpone the performance improvement doc. Song will follow up with Richard and Scott on this.
 - Build and QA status (Beth)
   . Will have a mostly green build tomorrow for QA, still have problems with Beagle Board and Emenlow. Saul and Darren will work on the Beagle board problems, Beth and Saul will take a look at the Emenlow issue.
   . (Richard) We need to improve the process handling bugs found during the build process. Saul will look into this and the core team should handle these bugs.
* Opens
  - Beth: reminder for upcoming build this Wednesday morning.
  - Saul: when bug fix are pull into oe core and the bug is marked as resolved, the owner needs to put in the link to the commit in the bugs.

* Action item review

Action Item List:
* Song to update wiki page and the Google calendar for w4 schedules. (Done)
* Song to schedule the go/no-go meeting for M3. (Done)
* Richard to follow up with Mark on bug 1325 to decide if we need this for M3 once we have the resolutions. (Done)
* Song to follow up with ScottR offline on doc issues: auto-generation, revisions, central location for docs changes, etc. (Done)