[poky] GCC patch Reuse-fdebug-prefix-map-to-replace-ffile-prefix-map.patch

Tomasz Meresinski tomasz.meresinski at comarch.com
Wed Sep 21 05:20:27 PDT 2016

Hi
I found some difficulties when compiling some of our internal
applications because of gcc patch called
"Reuse-fdebug-prefix-map-to-replace-ffile-prefix-map.patch"
As far as I can see it makes __FILE__ macro to point to Yocto source
file location not build system's.

Now let me describe that problem:
1) CMake script gets source directory (so it's build system path)
2) CMake calculates its length and adds it as a define to application
(call it LEN)
3) A simple way to get a filename from __FILE__ macro is to compute
__FILE__ + LEN
4) Crash

Is this patch really a big deal?

Tomasz Meresiński