[poky] [autobuilder]

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Fri Sep 16 02:54:01 PDT 2016

Well, the problem we have seen and which is fixed by my patch, is that if one recipe uses GROUPMEMS_PARAM, any other recipe that creates users or groups can fail if the two recipes happen to be built at the same time. Obviously, if you do not have any recipe which use GROUPMEMS_PARAM, then my patch will not help you.

Another source of problems like this is if you have multiple recipes that create the same user or group. We have a lot of recipes that do this, so we have had to add the following temporary solution to our configuration to avoid this problem:

SSTATECLEANFUNCS_remove = "userdel_sysroot_sstate"

I have promised that I will develop a proper solution that allows users and groups to be removed from the sysroot in a safe way even when multiple recipes install the same user/group, but unfortunately I have not had time to do that yet.

//Peter