[poky] Custom recipe not able to create init script symlinks

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 23:15:55 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to create a system service recipe that will install
SysVInit initscripts.

I have 2 recipes:

Recipe 1: compiles a source code and also installs SysVInit (Works as expected)
Recipe 2: only installs a initscript

Recipe 2 is only installing as a postinst task (I see an entry in
/etc/rpm-postinst/) but SysVinit symlinks are not created in
/etc/rc?.d/ directories.

Any idea on how I can force it to create symlinks during image creation?

There is no difference in Recipe 1 & Recipe 2 (update-rc.d wise) but
still one installs during image creation and the other one is deferred
post installation. I do not understand this behavior.

Any inputs will be of help!

Regards, PJ