[poky] Disable screen standby

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed May 18 03:13:41 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 11:32 +0200, Gerard van den Bosch wrote:
> My display is always going black after ~10 minutes, I assume this is
> standby.
> In which recipe can I disable this or change the timeout?

Its the kernel terminal/console screen blanking which does this. A quick
google found:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-disable-screen-blanking-screen-going-blank.html

which shows how to disable it on the device. I think you might have to
patch the kernel to disable it by default. There may be an option in the
kernel config, I'm not sure.

Hopefully this at least gives you information on where to start looking.
If you do figure it out please report back so others can benefit! :)

Cheers,

Richard