[poky] meta-intel

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri May 13 09:51:02 PDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 07:27 AM, Tom Zanussi wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 05:08 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> I'm using meta-intel (git://git.pokylinux.org/meta-intel.git) to
>> test Poky on my Atom-PC (emenlow works fine).
>>
>> Where is the best place to ask for help with this?  Perhaps there
>> should be a README in the layer to give such guidance?
>>

> Yeah, good point - it would make sense to add 'owner' contact info in
> the BSP READMEs.  I'll do that for all the BSPs in meta-intel.
>
>> Now, to my actual question.  I'm trying to understand the strange
>> network behaviour I see when running qemu (see yesterday's thread).
>> When I build for qemuXXX, I build&  run core-image-sato.  On the
>> real hardware (emenlow), I built core-image-sato-live, so I would
>> think the only difference would be the USB-live packaging.  So
>> why do I see such a different set of tasks running, once I log
>> in via X?  See attached files.
>>

> Actually, the set of tasks doesn't look all that different to me.  But
> they're also different BSPs (qemu vs emenlow) so I wouldn't expect them
> to be exactly the same (different config options, additional packages,
> etc).

To me, that doesn't make much sense.  I want to run core-image-sato,
just with different kernels.  The userland experience (i.e. which
programs run by just starting up) should be pretty much the same.

Why does the qemu image start a bunch of NFS and DISTCC stuff that
emenlow does not?

I'm still trying to get a grip on why the network works correctly
on emenlow and fails on qemu...

Thanks