[poky] QEMU networking

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 12 09:28:26 PDT 2011

On 05/12/2011 10:23 AM, Mark Hatle wrote:
> I had the same problem on my Fedora host.  It turned out that the iptables rules
> were prohibiting the forwarding of packets from one network to another, causing
> the route to the internet to black hole.
>
> Check that you don't have any IP tables that are preventing the routing from
> working.

I don't have any tables that would cause this on my box other than what is
set up by runqemu (it adds some NAT/MASQUERADE rules).  I have the same behaviour
on Fedora and Ubuntu hosts.

That said, it's the configuration on the target that's causing problems.
I don't know what's getting in there and changing the routing periodically.